KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children aged 5-18 years to participate in community sport by offering them financial assistance towards club fees and compulsory uniform and equipment costs.
KidSport applications are now available online
if you hold a valid Health Care or Pensioner Concession card.
Hard copy applications (see form below) are still available and can be submitted to your Local Government.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card OR meet one of financial exceptions (go to https://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport to get more information).
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other club-related costs, such as equipment and uniform as identified by the club and approved by the local government).
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid.
- No limitation to the number of applications per family as long as the eligibility criteria for each child is met.
Upon approval of your Kidsport application, you will be issued with a unique code. This code needs to be advised to the club when registering at the club.
The club invoices the local government of the player on the condition that the local council approved the relevant player’s voucher.
You may contact your local council for more information and help to obtain an approval.
Information is available from the WA Department of Sport and Recreation Kidsport website and the following council websites – relevant council areas for Kinross Netball club.
- City of Joondalup
- WA Department of Sport and Recreation Kidsport webpage